image
Sunday, October 18, 2009,

Chapter 29: Run

The very next day, I walk into the office to hear chattering going all around. What is going on?

“Denvers? Dead?” I cry in fake surprise. Well, more like scream into Evans’ ear. I slam my purse onto my desk. “How?”

I sigh. My acting is rather good, however, I cannot mask the pain I feel in my arm. I flinch a bit and grab it.

---later that night---

I find myself out of that handy poison. Time to steal. I put on my gear and head out, creeping across roofs and alleys like a stray black cat.

I pick the lock to the back door of the pharmacist’s. The pharmacist has been brewing all sorts of poisons, new and old.

But a surprise awaits me there.

Bang.

***

The rose is bleeding.

And her petals are turning brown.

Her thorns? Sharper than before.

11:27 PM



Download Noidea - Cursed