image
Sunday, October 18, 2009,

Chapter 2: Policeman

My name is Evans. James Evans.

I know no fear. I know no danger. When enemies hear my name they shake. I was born to this duty. I save the world daily. That’s my job. I am powerful. I am fast. I am –

I am a twenty two year old kid fresh out of collage who’s a policeman and gets a thousand a month, just enough for a small apartment above a train station that shakes every time a train passes.

Now that we’re done with the introductions. A train goes by and I go through my daily – no, hourly – routine of performing acrobatics that an Olympic team would have been proud of to stop all my belongings from shattering.

My phone rings. It’s quite amazing I still have one. Anyway, I pick it up.

“Hello? If you’re looking for James Evans, that’s me. If you’re not, wrong number. If you’re looking for the pizza guy, I’m not him. The only thing I can make is burnt toast.”

“Evans, shut up and get your arse down here in fifteen minutes,” the voice of my superior crackles over the phone. “I’ve been calling for ten minutes. Where were you?”

Oh, crap. “The train, sir, it was – ”

“Train? You’re on a train? Good. Then I expect you here in five.”

8:37 PM



Download Noidea - Cursed